Sunday, October 27, 2013

Reminiscence In a Jar!

Recently, I got to spend time with one of my crafty friends and had such a lovely time with her. While I was at her house, she showed me her memory jar, a Mason Jar filled with her most important snippets and remembrances of the year so far. She even glued a small square of fabric to the lid of the jar to make it more decorative! It looked so cute; I decided to make my own. It's never too late to make a memory jar, right?

My memory jar! It will soon be full, I hope!
 
 
The fabric I used to make my decorative lid.
I'm in love with the tiny roses! To make the lid, I simply cut a square of fabric measuring approximately 6 inches X 6 inches and hot-glued it to the top of the lid. 
 
 
 
 
 
A peek inside: an invitation to a birthday party, fabric from my first day of sewing, a piece of the outdoors for fall, a business card from a store I love, and a bottle cap.
 
 
 
As my year proceeds, I'm looking forward to dropping little trinkets inside, such as letters, stamps, tickets to events, photos, etc. After a year has passed, I'm planning on taking out all the contents of my jar to admire them. I will remember the special experiences that occurred and meant something to me throughout the year. Then I'll start a new memory jar, of course! (: 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment