Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Art Museum: A Small Getaway

By far, one of my favorite places to visit it the Indianapolis Museum of Art  (IMA). I love being able to remove myself from reality for an afternoon, just simply admiring sculptures, architecture, artwork, and nature all around me. A few weeks ago, Mom and I went to the IMA because it was gorgeous outside and we were both in an artsy mood. We spent the day milling about the breathtaking gardens, taking in the scenery, gazing at beautiful art, and snapping pictures to remember our getaway forever. It's an understatement to say that I had a fantastic time.


  The first thing that Mom and I did was take a walk through the numerous gardens surrounding the IMA. The land where the IMA is now used to belong to the Eli Lilly family. Our stroll was incredibly pretty. The colors all around us were brilliant!




We stopped at a green house as well. This was by far my favorite flower that I saw inside! The pattern of purple is so unique.
 


A glimpse of Autumn
 
Perched on a flower (:
 
 
 
Along the paths, "quote benches" were ready for our tired feet. This one reads, "Two souls with but a single thought. Two hearts that beat as one."
 
 
Trickling fountain
 
 
 
The sun peeking through the trees.
 
 
Following our Garden Map!
 
 
Inside the green house, tiny succulents were for sale (: So cute!
 
 
 
The LOVE sculpture outside the museum is always one of my favorite pieces!
 

 
 
 
After our walk, Mom and I went inside the Lilly House, which is actually part of the art museum, for a tour. I loved looking at all of the Lillys' old furniture and the interior design of the house! So many vintage pieces! I think I would have liked to live there (:
 
 
I especially liked the packaging of the coffee in the Lilly House kitchen (:
 
 
Later, Mom and I went into the museum and explored many different master pieces. Georgia O'Keeffe and Monet are among my favorites.
 
I feel at home in the IMA, and I would go every weekend if I could! I bet the IMA is even more gorgeous now; Autumn is in full bloom! I can't wait until next time!
 
~Emily
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment