Friday, December 20, 2013

Littlest Angel 2013

Music, lights, glitter, snow, magic, Christmas spirit, and dance all combined together December 6th and 7th to create three wonderful performances of The Littlest Angel, my dance studio's annual Christmas production.

The event was held at the Scottish Rite Cathedral, which was absolutely breathtaking. I could not peel my eyes from all of the details of the building, inside and out. The cathedral was built in 1929, and still contains the majority of its original features from that time. I was in pure heaven; everywhere I glanced, I saw something old, vintage, and full of historical secrets. As I took in the beauty of it all, I couldn't help but wonder about the cathedral's exquisite past life. Who performed on this very stage? Who occupied my dressing room years ago? The longer I took all the sights in, the more I could picture the world of 1929 and the Scottish Rite Cathedral.

My favorite space in the cathedral is the theater. Velvet red seats are endless, the gold ceilings extend upwards forever, and a sparkly chandelier hangs above it all. Statues and intricate decorations appear on the walls and around the stage. When in the theater, one cannot help but feel a little giddy inside for what is to come.

It was pure joy to be up on that stage, dancing my heart away.



The outside of the cathedral reminded me so much of a castle
fit for Disney (:
 
 
 
The lobby downstairs. A beautiful Christmas tree is in the center
of it all.
 
Good morning, Scottish Rite!
 
Dressing room number 10!
 
 
 
My dressing room mates.

Charlie Chapman- "The Kid"
Some of the dressing rooms had old movie posters
on the walls, which made me smile.  

My fellow dancers and I exchanged little Angel gifts.
Bears and chocolates waiting for their recipients!
 
This year, I made hot chocolate ornaments for my friends.
Ornaments they can actually use and then decorate themselves if they so desire!
Hopefully they all enjoyed the hot chocolate mix, which consisted of:
hot chocolate powder, marshmallow bits, mini chocolate chips, and holiday sprinkles.

 
Stained-glass from afar.

Under the stage lights. Couldn't help but glance up.

 


The chandelier in the theater.
 
Another Christmas tree, this time upstairs, near our dressing rooms.



A peek through the staircase.

The hallway that led to backstage. The lighting was lovely in the morning!

 
 
 
"Playful Friends"

"Earth- Home"

"Heaven"
(my favorite costume by far. The sleeves were so much fun to wear and dance in!)

Flowers after I was finished dancing.
Took this picture for my dear friend Maddy, who loves flowers very much.
I will be keeping these roses alive by pressing their petals, of course!
 
 
I couldn't have been happier with this year's turn out of The Littlest Angel. I am truly blessed to have such great instructors and friends. I am already anticipating next year!
 
~Emily 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie :)

    Oh you have made me smile so with this :) I love all the details you take in and capture always and now i can see what your performance was like! That is magical to have a friend so far away share something that is very close to their heart :) yay for cameras! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time this year and maybe next year i will be there in the endless velvet seats to watch ;)
    It is AMAZINGLY sweet of you to share your flowers with me, lovely :) Oh oh so kind you are, they are stunning just like you x

    Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maddy,
      I cannot believe I didn't catch your sweet comment sooner! I am still learning how Blogger works, hehe (: But your comment made me smile and made my day! I am so glad I can share my love for ballet and dance on here! I had such fun running around the theater capturing tiny details for you and others to see. It would be so exciting if one day you could be in the audience!

      I am happy that I can share my flowers with you also! I have a never ending love for them, as you do too! Thank you for all your lovely words. I always appreciate them! (:

      Delete