Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Snowy" Wrapping Paper

Yesterday was a slow, rainy day. Which meant it was the perfect day for some crafting! Since Christmas is right around the corner, I decided to make "snowy" looking wrapping paper. My art teacher showed me this idea from Pinterest. Belive it or not, I only used three materials: brown paper, white paint, and a branch from the spruce tree in my front yard. Yes, a spruce banch! I used the branch to brush the paint onto the paper. I ended up with blustery looking wrapping paper that I love very much.
 
 
 
My roll of brown paper. Soon to be transformed!
 
 
My fingers smelled good after I was done with my project. (:
 
Couldn't help but admire the beauty of this tiny branch!
 
 
Dipping
 
Covered in white! It almost looks like snow, doesn't it?
 
Finished!
 
The snowflakes are swirling! It looks like
an artsy snowstorm has arrived.
 
I am delighted with how my wrapping paper turned out. I can't wait to use it for presents and envelopes for letters! I will most definitely make this wrapping paper in the future as well (: It was a ton of fun to make, and not to mention easy!
 

 
 ~Emily

2 comments:

  1. You are a creative star, Emily :) Thank you for sharing your shinning magic here x What a super fun project, very meditative and relaxing i would think too :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddy (: I appreciate your kind words! I am so glad I can share my art projects on here with you. And yes, this project was such fun, and most definitely relaxing. Perfect project for my Christmas break!

      Delete