Sunday, January 12, 2014

Winter Wonderland

Snow: a beautiful, magical sight that always brings joy and delight in my house during the winter months.

 My family and I  were so lucky to get a great amount of sparkly white flakes during my Christmas break last week. The world around our home was transformed into a pretty white box. I loved the way the snow held onto the trees' branches, covered our lawn, and decorated our neighborhood woods across the way. It was a magical sight to see, and I am happy to have captured a few special moments of the snow falling with my camera.



 

 
 

The snowy weather was great for the majority of the time it was falling, however, power lines went down around our city and many were without power. I am thankful that nothing of the sort happened to my house, and still continue to pray for those just recovering from the storm. 

Temperatures also fell into the negatives, which was a bit scary to endure. I especially felt bad for Libby, our golden retriever, because her paws froze each time she went out! :( My family managed to stay warm inside, watching movies and drinking hot cocoa.



 

The winter storm helped me to slow down, spend my time wisely, and appreciate the littler things in life. I got to make letters and stationary, read, and spend quality moments with my family. 

Another bonus of the storm: four snow days! My winter break was extended, and I truly got to experience the definition of "relaxation". This is one snow storm that will not be forgotten!






 

~Emily 

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet E what a beautiful collection of captures! I want to be there too! goodness it's stunning! Thank you for the view in to your wonderland xox

    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can share this with you, M! Winter seems to be never-ending here, but I am loving the snow everyday. Somehow I always find myself longing for California weather, though... (:

      Delete